Saturday, November 13, 2021

My Dilapidated House

 
A dream to match my status pains my heart,
But i remain hushed on the display part!
How can i elaborate to them and make it known,
That circumstances are holding me back?
Somewhere not very far in physical distance,
But faraway in the eye of mind,
I can see the tower-like,
Old,
Swinging,
Dilapidated structure tolerating the test of time,
Having seen us graduate from its heart,
My house in the village awaits it's new birth.
Some not less than one and half decades passed,
One season after another kept changing for long,
Somewhere a neighbour' son was born when my house was erected,
Now he graduated from high school
Got into a job and expects a second child
As time kept moving on its own speed;
The coconut tree my father planted in the proximity of our current old house,
When he was laying the foundation of it,
Has grown big and started bearing fruits;
The contemporary calf born on that day
Grew into milching a cow and got sold out,
Yet I couldn't change the structure of my house in the village,
Neither could parents, given their priority of expenditure on us.
So,same is the structure that served my two siblings and me,
Serving my parents now,
While shivering in wariness
And bending in it's instability.
The roof of CGI sheet is engulfed by rust and weakened by time,
Rainfall too takes advantage with its drops;
Earthquakes attempts with it's strength to uproot from the root!
While, Wall plastered with mud and colored with lime wash,
Have stopped embracing the rotting bamboo support;
Pillars of the then strongest wood have started getting buried deeper,
Beams are bending,
Planks on the floor are decaying.
However, one thing is always upholding its beauty despite time- the mud plastered floor.
It mirrors happiness and excitement of my mum
Whenever i visit home.
The smell that diffuses from the plaster of cow- dung and mud,
Delivers a soothing message silently to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment