Monday, July 18, 2022


INTRODUCTION

Perhaps there are many people who share  similar experiences like I do,  yet  when a problem befalls on you, it feels as though you are are the  only person undergoing such intense pain. Because you can't tell how much it hurts- the depth and magnitude, your experience is limited to yourself. The kind of feeling I am enjoying today is blend of fear and confidence; happy and not so happy one.

BACKGROUND

Having had  undergone unprecedented phase of life earlier, the current time that flows seem to be in my favor. Although nothing can be said in terms of warranty how long this good news would last, I pray Almighty gives me enough blessings to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One of the primary reasons as to why I located myself to Thimphu was for investigating the fertility status of self and wife. Having been married for more than four long year, with two devastating miscarriages- one in January 17, 2020 and another in January 3, 2022, the subtle pressure I was feeling on the need to posses a child was getting intense. But there was something that was obstructing the flow of my dream-fullfilment. So, following a gynae-cological recommendation, I carried out my semen analysis. While the first one done sometime in October was very disheartening wherein  I was found Oligozoospermia- a condition when your sperm count is lower than 15 million per mili-litre of semen, the second one that I did was promising one. The second semen analysis I did was after taking clomiphene for the period of three months. In addition to it, on the recommendation of the doctor, I  also tried taking walnuts a day for at least two week or more. Perhaps, all of these helped. 

A GOOD NEWS

A happy news happened to strike  my ears in June when she was due for her monthly period. My wife informed me she hadn't had period for a few days. However, given the experience of the past when she miscarried just a few days after we started rejoicing, we didn't bother much. We wanted to wait for sometime before we conducted home pregnancy test. On 20th June, my inquisitiveness to understand exactly what it was overcome. She was positive on the home pregnancy test. But as said in the beginning, to a skeptical heart, there was nothing that would bring you cent percentage delight or excitement. 

I have been  counting days- day 46th, 47th 48th, and today as I write this, its 76th day today, corresponding to 10 weeks and 6 days. I just wanted to keep account of the fact that Uma is pregnant since day 26. This is just 20 days after missing her send period. 









No comments:

Post a Comment